Summer may be ending soon, but hot dog season is still in full effect!
I consider myself a bit of a hot dog lover. I can fry them up and eat them with my breakfast. I can load on the chili beans and sprinkle them with cheese. I even wrap them in dough and bake them for some fluffy goodness! But never before have I seen or tasted a hot dog like this hot dog recipe.
I had never heard of this "Seattle Hot Dog" before in my life. So when a friend showed me the recipe with excitement on her face, my first thought was, "How have I never heard of this before?" My next thought was, "That is brilliant."
As soon as I saw the image, I knew it was for me. I was thankful for a food blogger to have lived and shared their Seattle experience for the rest of us to enjoy, and for my friend to tell me about it.
The Seattle Hot Dog is a simple, yet brilliant idea: hot dog + cream cheese + caramelized onions + other toppings = Seattle Hot Dog.
Yes, you read that correctly. The Seattle Hot Dog has cream cheese on it. But it does not stop there. There's more. On top of the caramelized onions, there are jalapenos, and even some crushed jalapeno-flavored chips!
So here's what you need to create this hot dog masterpiece:
1 small yellow onion, halved and sliced
1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
2 splashes of dry white wine
6 hot dog buns
4 jalapeno peppers
1 8 oz. tub of Philadelphia brand bacon-flavored cream cheese
Jalapeno flavored kettle chips
Here's how you make this hot dog masterpiece:
1. Once the onions have been halved and sliced, heat a large skillet over medium/medium-low heat until hot. Add in butter.
2. Once the butter has melted, add in the sliced onion and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and caramelized.
3. In the last minute or two of cooking, splash a small amount of the dry white win into pan, de-glazing the pan.
4. Set aside.
The hot dogs
1. Preheat your grill to high heat.
2. Cook hot dogs until warmed completely.
3. Toast buns briefly until golden brown.
1. Place jalapenos on grill and cook for about 8 minutes, turning every couple of minutes.
1. Take one toasted bun and smear on the bacon flavored cream cheese.
2. Place hot dog in the bun and top with caramelized onions, jalapenos, kettle chips, and other toppings, as wanted.
This is hot dog heaven! Even if you are not crazy for cream cheese, you have to take a bite out of this twist on the Seattle Hot Dog! With football season back in full effect, it is the perfect game day treat to share with some buds! And it is sure to give you bragging rights!
The one thing you'll definitely want to do when you recreate this tasty wonder is to use the best Organic 100% Grass Fed Uncured Beef Hot Dogs, available for order online. You can even have the very best meat delivered to your doorstep, which makes cooking even easier!
Western Grassfed Beef, the Natural Beef label from Panorama Meats, works directly with U.S. family ranchers throughout the West and Midwest. All cattle are born and raised on open pasture and are fed a diet of grasses and range forage. Our natural 100% grass fed and grass finished beef is humanely raised with no antibiotics or added hormones, and always raised on pastures. We believe in supporting our rancher's way of life and in raising cattle the right way.